The Classroom Challenge is our annual fall fundraiser to raise money for the CMS Education Foundation. In 2021, we not only met our goal of $20K but raised almost $21,500! There were eight CMS teams that competed to raise the most money in which the Education Foundation will invest back into our students’ classrooms! Congrats to team 8C for raising more than $3,000! The money we raised will help to fund the following:
- Supplemental learning products, including online subscriptions and hard-copy materials;
- Guitars, instructional books, and music stands for band, orchestra and chorus rooms;
- STEM program funding including rockets for launching;
- Funding for language programs and software needs;
- Inspirational speakers including inviting an author to speak to teams that read the book as part of their curriculum;
- Professional development, through funding for teachers to attend professional conferences; and,
- Outdoor seating and tables that provide a safe area for students to socialize during the pandemic.
We would like to send a big shout-out to our awesome sponsors for making these celebrations possible! Here is a video of the drawing for prizes.
Dear Chamblee Community,
I would like to thank you for your continued support of Chamblee Middle School this year, as we can’t be successful without your involvement. Because of your support, we have been able to further our mission of providing a quality educational experience that meets the individual needs of our students and is supported by the home and community.
This year we are excited to once again encourage participation in the annual fall fundraiser to raise money for the CMS Education Foundation. Each year has been successful and we hope to meet or exceed the set goal this year! The money raised by this event will allow the Education Foundation to invest back into our students’ classrooms in exciting ways. As a valued member of the Chamblee community, I am writing to ask for your support with this event.
Your support will help ensure that our school, teachers, and students receive funding for a wide variety of needs that will focus on school improvement and student achievement. We anticipate reaching our goal of raising $20,000 through this event. It is part of a local effort by the CMS Education Foundation to help Chamblee Middle School reach its full potential through family-community-school partnerships.
Do not miss this chance to help support our school as we continue to find creative and fun ways to meet our full potential. We look forward to your participation in the Fall Classroom Challenge to raise money for the CMS Education Foundation.
Brenton Williams, Principal
Chamblee Middle School