The Classroom Challenge is our annual fall fundraiser to raise money for the CMS Education Foundation. 100% of the funds raised are invested back into our students’ classrooms and long-term improvements at CMS! In 2023, we exceeded our goal of raising 23K and celebrated with a school-wide Chick-fil-A breakfast party!
Huge shout out to the City of Chamblee, our community sponsors, parents, families, and friends for your generous donations and support of CMS!
Last year, CMSEF funded over $58K in grants to support the long-term success of CMS! The money we raised in the past has funded the following:
- New Audio Visual equipment for the stage in the cafeteria, as shown in the video below, used for group presentations, training sessions, concerts, etc.
- Supplemental learning products and materials including online subscriptions such as IXL;
- Guitars, instructional books, and music stands for band, orchestra, and chorus rooms;
- STEM program funding including rockets for launching;
- Funding for language programs and software needs;
- Inspirational speakers including inviting an author to speak to teams that read the book as part of their curriculum;
- Professional development, through funding for teachers and counselors, to attend professional conferences; and,
- Outdoor seating and tables provide a safe area for students to socialize during the pandemic.